We are delighted that as part of our 5th Anniversary Celebrations Xu Kun (James Xu), the Director of an Antique Clock and Watch business and Vice Director of the Chinese Horology Association, Clock Research Department will be giving two free lectures at the Eric Liddell Centre in Edinburgh.
Antique clocks have always played an important role in the international decorative art market. Historically, the Chinese Imperial Palace always had close ties with imported antique clocks. The stories behind these mysterious instruments are enchanting and fascinating. These lectures are a great opportunity to learn about antique clocks, the technology involved in their creation and their history.
The first lecture, on 4th November, will be about the culture and history of Chinese and Western Antique clocks, and will include the following elements:
- The invention and history of time keeping instruments
- The emergence of antique clocks
- The different categories of antique clocks and their features
- English clocks and the Chinese Imperial Palace
- Tianjin city and antique clocks post the Qing Dynasty